Friday, 21 February 2014

Barry M Silk Nail Paint


Barry M is known for having the best affordable nail polish. This alongside my nail polish obsession led me to their stand when shopping today. 

They have recently brought out a new nail effects range which is the Silk Nail Effects which is supposed to be a matte sheen. I bought two of the range to try out. 







This is a lovely pastel green and I think that for once Barry M has put some thought into the names of their polish as they are not known for being the most imaginative. I love the texture of this nail polish and the lovely sheen which makes it wearable on a daily basis. I also think that it would be really easy to dress up with a little bit of glittery nail polish. I can see this nail paint quickly joining my favourites.










I really like this shade of blue, I think it is a great colour for the transition from winter to spring as it has the icyness of winter and the pastel sky blue of spring. Once again I think that Barry M have hit the nail on the head with the name for me, it conjures thoughts of the first misty dewy mornings of spring.  I think this will become one of my nail staples into spring and definitely expect to see it featuring in a favourites video somewhere down the line.



I think that these polishes are lovely, I really like the texture of the polishes. It is a build-able polish and it took three coats to achieve the colour you see in the pictures but I think that two well applied coats would look nice. The colour range is great with a selection of pastels to get you ready for spring and I can see myself adding some more to my collection. 

The other colours available are:
  • Blossom - a light floral pink
  • Pearl - a pearlescent white
  • Truffle - a light copper 
  • Heather - a soft lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment